Review: Irresistible You by Kate Meader


IRRESISTIBLE YOU
Chicago Rebels series, Book 1
Kate Meader
Pocket Star EBooks
August 14, 2017
$1.99
ISBN 9781501168550
Pages: 400
Format: eARC
Source: Publisher via NetGalley

IRRESISTIBLE YOU kicks of the all new, scorching Chicago Rebels hockey series by Kate Meader, featuring her signature “steamy sex scenes, colorful characters, and riveting dialogue” (Romantic Times). Three estranged sisters inherit their late father’s failing hockey franchise and are forced to confront a man’s world, their family’s demons, and the battle-hardened ice warriors skating into their hearts.

Harper Chase has just become the most powerful woman in the NHL after the death of her father Clifford Chase, maverick owner of the Chicago Rebels. But the team is a hot mess—underfunded, overweight, and close to tapping out of the league. Hell-bent on turning the luckless franchise around, Harper won’t let anything stand in her way. Not her gender, not her sisters, and especially not a veteran player with an attitude problem and a smoldering gaze designed to melt her ice-compacted defenses.

Veteran center Remy “Jinx” DuPre is on the downside of a career that’s seen him win big sponsorships, fans’ hearts, and more than a few notches on his stick. Only one goal has eluded him: the Stanley Cup. Sure, he’s been labeled as the unluckiest guy in the league, but with his recent streak of good play, he knows this is his year So why the hell is he being shunted off to a failing hockey franchise run by a ball-buster in heels? And is she seriously expecting him to lead her band of misfit losers to a coveted spot in the playoffs?

He’d have a better chance of leading Harper on a merry skate to his bed…


There is just something about sports themed books. I just love them so much. One of my favorite are hockey themed. I think it goes back to watching hockey with my grandfather. 

So maybe because of that I'm more prone to enjoy the hockey ones better, of course it doesn't hurt that this one is also based in my home town. Gives you a little added thrill. So you'd think with those two facts that it would be a very enjoyable story for me...

...and it was! I loved it. It's one of those stories that you can't help enjoying. It's full of all the things I really enjoy in my romance. 

Let's talk about Remy first. Let's be real here he's the main reason I loved this book. Silly I know to fall for a make believe character but that's one of the great things about read romance. You get for the length of the book to fall in love, then you move on to the next and fall in love all over again. 

So right away you can tell Remy is such a great guy. He just loves him family and even when he was really pissed at Harper he treated her well. What more can you ask of a guy? Oh, did I mention the Cajun accent and that he's hot? Sorry, didn't mean to leave that out! 

Let's move on to Harper. Talk about tightly-wound! This poor woman has had a pretty crap life. It's a total poor little rich girl life. It's so sad how hard she worked for her father's respect only to come away with nothing. 

The real sad part is that she's twice the man he was. Good at her job, and also good at heart. I'm not sure he could have claimed either. 

Irresistible You is a wonderful start to this new series. I can't wait for her sisters stories. Did I mention her sisters? Well she had two that she really doesn't know that she now must run the hockey team with. Crazy, right? Ton's of issues and feelings because of that. They don't start out as I have your back type of sisters. 

Speaking of those sisters I can't wait for their stories. I have a feeling they are going to be so good! 

If you've read Irresistible You or any other book by Kate Meader I'd love to hear your thoughts. Thanks for visiting and happy reading! ♡





Kate Meader was raised on romance. An Irish girl, she started with Catherine Cookson and Jilly Cooper novels, and spiced it up with some Mills & Boon. Now based in Chicago, she writes romances of her own, where sexy contemporary alpha heroes and strong heroines match each other quip for quip. When not immersed in tales of brooding mill owners, oversexed equestrians, and men who can rock an apron or a fire hose, Kate lives on the web at katemeader.com.




Chicago Rebel Series 

In Skates Trouble
Chicago Rebels #0.5
Out

So Over You
Chicago Rebels #2
12/4/17

Comments

  1. I'm excited to get to this one, it's sitting on my shelf :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read this author but this sounds really good and I love that cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's got a great cover. I really enjoy her books, easy to get into.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts